As we all know, water is a fundamental part for the existence of life.
Without water, you cannot survive after only a few days. But water goes way beyond pleasing our thirst. Modern science has shown that water also acts as a purifier to the body. That means water also helps to remove bad substances that otherwise would be harmful to the body.
Scientists believe that many common diseases among people have some explanation in people’s negligence to drink sufficient amounts of water each day.
- An adult human contains approximately 65 percent water, while newborns contain 75 percent.
- Water can be found in a variety of foods and more than half of the daily water requirement comes from the food.
- Fruits contains the largest quantities of water, which accounts for roughly 90 percent, while vegetables contains roughly 75-80 percent water.
- Food such as meat contains 65 percent water.
- Old people have a tendancy to both drink less water as the age and also need more water due to medical drug usage which most of them absorbs large amounts of water in the body. Shortage of water intake may be a cause for severe conditions such as cardiovascular diseases like stroke.
- A optimal water intake helps regulate the immune system and the body’s organs.
Conclusion: Remain hydrated — and if you don’t have any past medical history, drink at least 1.5L of water per day. Make a habit to drink one glass of cold water in the morning, one glass before you go to bed, and several cups of water throughout the day.